Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blast from the past: My first Crochet Projects

When I was first learning to crochet, all I could make was scarfs. Here are some of my first projects.


This practice swatch was supposed to be a single crochet (turns out I was doing a slip stitch). After losing and adding stitches all over, and trying to figure out why it was so stiff and tight, I gave it up and started over. With the help of several youtube videos, I tried again.
Voila! My first scarf. Though I somehow managed to add stitches to it as I went along, it’s not too shabby. :)
This one came out much better!
After posting these pics to facebook, A friend recommended a wonderful book.  Stitch ‘N Bitch: The Happy Hooker, by Debbie Stoller is essential in learning to crochet. My subsequent scarfs were much better!
Scarf 2: Still looks funky, but my Stepdad wears it everyday!
Scarf 3: Double crochet stitch
Fourth Scarf: Triple crochet stitch
I bought the hat, but I wanted the scarf to match. This one is a shell stitch. .


No comments:

Post a Comment